Evangelical United Church of Christ
205 South 10th Street
Join us on Sundays at 10 am!
The present congregation traces its roots to 1868 when worship was held in various members' homes. One year later property was acquired and a small wooden building erected.
In 1870 a constitution was adopted, naming the group the German Evangelical Society of Marysville, Kansas. The same year a charter was granted.
During the year of 1874, which much volunteer labor, a new native stone church was completed. In 1876 the Congregation affiliated with the Evangelical Synod of North america. The following year saw the formation of a Sunday School.
The next decade or so saw the arrival of a Ladies Guild, Confirmation Classes, and many things we take for granted today.
The year of 1927 brought the removal of the old stone church and the laying of the present cornerstone. The new sanctuary was dedicated in early 1928.
Several mergers and affiliations saw us as Evangelical and Reformed Church, but in 1961 we became our present Evangelical United Church of Christ.
Previous minsters were Rev. Jerome Ulmer 1961-1998, Rev. David Marcham 1994-2004 and Rev. Dr. Judith Scott 2007-2015. We also had three interim pastors, Rev. Lily De Metz in 1998, Rev. Ruth Ann Jones in 2005, and Rev. Don Miller in 2016. Currently, Pastor Julie Shields serves our congregation.
We observed our 125th Anniversary in September, 1993, and celebrated our 150th in 2018 with monthly festivities.